2 radio connector ports - which is used?

Thanks for all of the tips from the USA and Canada regarding changing my CD player out. I have learned that the 2004 harness for connecting the CD/Radio/Cassette players is different from the 2000-2003. Ha, ha - I called Staurn to tell them that I was looking for the other connector and the reply I got was that they were different. That much I already knew. He was still unable to find the piece I wanted in his catalogue, so I went online... Found an aftermarket harness that has the correct 24 pin connector at the end, but didn't find a 12 pin connector to fit it.

So here's the question...

On the back of the unit I am going to install there are 2 different ports to connect. A 24 pin and a 12 pin. Does anyone know if this unit (Part No

22684454 - 6 CD Changer / Cassette - from a 2003 Ion) was connected via the 24 pin blue connector or was it connected via the 12 pin white connector - or does it matter? (Or are they BOTH supposed to be connected somehow?!)

I am in the process of obtaining the 24 pin blue connector / harness, but will I still need the smaller harness that bridges between the blue Molex plug to a white 12 pin? (The base model that I removed from my car had only a 12 pin connector on the back - not the 24 pin, and it too is different from the model I wish to install.) I know there is a solution, because anything is possible. I just want to do as little splicing as possible.

Thanks folks!

Warren

Reply to
Warren