help identifying antenna wire to work as turn-on for an amp

Could somebody help me with identifying what each antena wire is?

I need to get a remote turn-on signal somewhere for the amplifier that is in the trunk. Saab's 3V turn-on signal is too weak. My amp requires 12V. I've read that one should use the antenna wire for that. I got to the antenna and its wires, and now I am lost: there seem to be quite a few of them. Could somebody give me a pointer?

Also, when I use the 'antena feed' as they called it, do I need to disconnect it from antena or put a Y slitter on it? I hope amplifier will not put any voltage of its own onto that wire, will it? Will amplifier be causing interferece with antenna?

Thank you,

-- Nick

Reply to
Nick Monyatovsky

In article , Nick Monyatovsky spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Into the Antenna should be a green wire. This is the Antenna remote line. It feeds under the back seat.

You can splice into it there out of site.

The Amp won't put any power into that line. But it will however draw some current from it as will any additional load on it.

Shou;dn't cause any probs though as that is what the line is for, trigering a remote source. I don't have amp, but I have tapped into the remote line on mine to to operate a realy to remotely turn on an inverter.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

+12V Remote signal pulls very very little current. Just enough to trip the relay and turn the Amp on. The electric aerial trigger lead should do the job fine. Just split it into two and use one for the aerial and one for the amp. Remember you should run a properly fused feed directly from the battery to the amp and the quality of the ground is paramount.

Regards Matt

Reply to
**-**