Been a good weekend of aero ownership so far.

  1. Got used driving a manual again.
  2. Reseated the headlight and monitoring relays, both headlights now working, and the headlight pictograms out.
  3. Pulled radio, fitted proper crimp bullets for the antenna remote so it looked like the rest of the butched headunit loom instead of twisted ends, located and plugged in the antenna lead so there was radio reception.
  4. Plugged in the satnav and it works, and found the aux-in connector so I can buy a small mp3 player instead of an antique Philips cd changer for longer trips.
Reply to
Elder

Hmmm, looks like it's owrking out fine for you then. Could you get some more pics of the car online? You had the very nice green colour right? There 's one alike for sale in the netherlands, i do like this colour... They're really rare out here

nelfrikandel

Nice.

Funnily enough it was an Aero on ebay like that one that I bid on that got me seriously interested in buying a 9000.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Just a couple from the camera phone.

about the nasty quality.

Reply to
Elder

It look like a great car to me. I really like the colour. However I'd get the smoke coloured front turning signals instead of the originals, to get rid of the pre 1995 look...

Reply to
nelfrikandel

I prefer the orange indicator lenses and the original look. It is an individual car isn't it?

Reply to
johannes

Yes it is. Anyway, it looks fine to me, and the owner should enjoy it as he chooses. if he were to leave it Orange, maybe the rare version additional backup lights (if it works) would be an additiional feature...

But, again, the green colour is great.

Reply to
nelfrikandel

I have been thinking about the front indicators and repeaters. Not decided yet.

I see orange and think old, then think, but it is old. And it doesn't need plastic surgery to go fast. And it goes fast.

I do fancy a couple of prancing Elk badges to go below the repeaters though.

Reply to
Elder

Oh, I reckon you should fit the clear indicator covers as fitted to the later

9000s.

Which are these ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Scroll down. Originally intended for Volvo, but he also does Saab ones and plane ones, in the Ferarri pony and Lambo bull style.

Reckon yellow with a black border will look good on the green paint.

Reply to
Elder