Window Switches Not Working

I have a '94 Turbo Convertible and the four window switches do not work all the time. It seems if you play with them or keep hitting them, they will down the windows and sometimes they won't. Is there, perhaps, some way of cleaning the contacts? The motors seem to be good but I can't always get the windows down when I need them down.

Reply to
itten

Try cleaning the fuses in the fusebox. I lot of motor current is needed.

Reply to
johannes

I expect that the switches are like those in the later models. They have very heavy contacts that won't wear out, but they can become corroded after years of use.

Try prying the switch panel out. Carefully pry apart the upper and lower sections by releasing the snap in clips on the sides. You'll find some quality contacts inside. Clean them all, reassemble, I bet you'll be all set.

Reply to
still just me

Radio shack used to sell a color tuner contact spray cleaner. You might try to find and use something like that. Either the individual switches or the whole panel should easily pry out.

Charles

Reply to
Charles