Best price on replacement hood badge for 02 9.5?

I've a new-to-me 2002 9.5 with a disfigured hood badge. What's a good, cheap source for a replacement, please?

Thanks,

Michael Hudson

Best $5 I ever spent. Withstands Canadian winters, where the orig. is chipping away quite easily.

Bonus: you don't have to finagle with taking the badge off the hood and glue it back = more time for Miller!

Ben

Reply to
Ben

in article snipped-for-privacy@mcgill.ca, Ben at snipped-for-privacy@jim.com wrote on

11/04/2006 19:57:

I'm not sure a "SAAB Scania" badge ought to be applied to a car as new as a

9-5 :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Miller? In Canada? Okay, whatever, never mind about that... what, you just stick these stickers right o'er top of the quasi-embossed deal that's already on the car? sounds like it would look, well, cheesy. No?

Michael Hudson

It's correct for a '99 9-5. The -Scania was dropped here (US) for 2000.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 11/04/2006 21:37:

Well, I never! :o As late as that? You learn something new every day ... That'll teach me for my emblem snobbery :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

The Airplane logo is still the coolest.

Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 11/04/2006 22:28:

Tell me about it ... I keep missing out on eBay purchases. They really shift for good money over here. I think it might be cheaper to buy the actual car with the emblem fitted than then emblem alone!

Still, white stickers are a good second best, eh?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Hm. I've got a milling machine, maybe I should make a pantograph so I can copy the ones I have, in Stainless Steel.

I've got one just like that, oddly enough. Wonder how that happened?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Try

they're out of Texas and can get the stuff quick and reasonably priced.

Jeremy

Ben wrote:

Reply to
BK

Hey, I was just trying to speak american ;) - I just cleaned the chipped paint, wiped the badge with acetone to degrease the surface, made sure it's dry and applied the sticker.

It looks like the original and I'm pretty demanding at how my wheels look like...of course, if you're in the business of putting your hard earned $s in the dealers' pocket, there's always that route.

Ben ('99 9-3)

Reply to
Ben

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net

The Airplane logo is still the coolest.

I have a shirt with that logo :) Love it

Reply to
John

14 August 2000 was the official change day.

See

for more details

Reply to
th

No more calls, we have a winner! Ben's suggestion of going with the stickers offered by Swedish Motors

in PA was all that and a bag of chips, like we say in Putney. It was under $10 mailed, and they do offer the current logo - red griffin, gold crown, silver SAAB - as well as the SAAB-SCANIA badge that they show on the web site. And you really have to get right up close to see that it's not the painted badge.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Michael Hudson

Reply to
Michael Hudson