Brake interchangebility between '87 900 and '87 900S

Does anyone know if the front disc calipers are interchangable between these two models? I know that the sliding frame of the brake systems is different to accomodate the vented rotor on the 900S. However, it seems silly to have made two different caliper pistons for the different models. I have a 900 for parts and have used many of the parts interchangably.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Reply to
Jim

[...]

I cannot speak fropm experience, but the SAAB electronic parts catalog does not differenciate 900 from 900S in the brake caliper parts list.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Electronic parts catalog? Is this online? Where can I view?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

It was available at a web site (*.ru) which is no longer up. You could try googling to see if you can find another site. They can also usually be found (as CDs) at eBay or for download via various P2P file shares.

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Thanks Fred! The calipers are interchangable and now my car stops again!

Jim

Reply to
Jim

...and that's a *good* thing.