Check engine ?

The check engine started to light today on my 9-5 Aero 2001. Sudenly the idle droped from normal 900 rpm to 500 rpm. At the same time the TCS switched off. The engine seams to run ok white normal driving and the power is stil there.

What can have happen, just like that with out forewarning?

Regardes Orat

Reply to
orat

So many possibilities with modern engine management systems. Maybe a 'broken' sensor ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

The computer should have a stored code. DOn't know where you are, but in the USA, Autozone will read out the codes for free.

Reply to
Bob

Same thing happened to my 2001 9-5 Aero, turned out to be the throttle body. Apparently these things just break without warning. When it happens the electronic throttle doesn't operate any more which is why the TCS switches off. If this is the case you are operating on "limp home" mode using the mechanical throttle.

cheers, Keith

Reply to
Keith Winchester

Yes you are right it was the throttlebody. But it is fixed now. They reprogrammed (as they sade) the "throttle axel" ;-) Anyhow it is working again. For how long we have to se. But if it failed again they have to change the throttlebody. I hope it will work from now ;-)

Regardes Orat

Reply to
orat