Check Engine Light

I own a 2000 9-3 SE Convertible with 38K miles. While on a trip to NY last week the Check Engine light came on. It went off later but came back on again the next day. I took it to a garage and they ran diagnostics that showed no problem and they reset the light. During the trip home to North Carolina it came on again. I drove the car 720 miles without a problem (the light remained on during the trip). Once home I took it in to my mechanic. He hooked it to the computer and again, no problems found. He reset the light and, for one day it was fine. Today the light is back on. Any ideas as to what is going on here?? Thanks for your help.

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@booomail.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

dedra.sarna

Where are you finding these mechanics?

There will be stored codes for each instance that the Check Engine Light (CEL) comes on. Unless and until these codes are cleared they will remain there even if the light goes out.

Better look for a mechanic with a little more "on the ball" next time.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

The last time I had intermittent "check engine" light problems with no codes, it was grounding problems. Find your cars common grounding points and check for corrosion.

Reply to
Frosty66