Christmas is tomorrow :)

'06 9-3 aero touring sport combi ...

can't wait...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

Enjoy it!!! Wow! Please send us photos! Where did you buy it?

What color is it?

-SG

Reply to
SG

Jet metal black interior smooth tan.

I'm in Montreal and it had to cross Canada coming from Vancouver. Waited 3 weeks for it.

First option to go in out of car dealer ? Snow tire, we're receiving a whopping 30 cm (1 foot) of snow also tomorrow !

"SG" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

I hope you also bought another set of tires and wheels with the SportCombi = for the winter as well!

SG

Reply to
SG

I use 16" alloys with my winter tires for my 2004 USA 9-3 Aero. No sense in trashing the summer 17" alloys. I thought that since the car is so good looking it was worth buying a set of winter alloys.

Dan

the winter as well!

Reply to
dan

Christmas tomorrow here too - 2005 9-5 Aero :-)

Reply to
Champ

shishhh christmas postponed until monday night... too much snow, car dealer closed in the morning.

"Champ" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

Salutations:

You know, there was a time when 'too much snow' meant that every SAAB driver in town was out and about looking for something slippery to show off in.. :) ..

Merry Christmas.

Reply to
Dexter J

Montreal? Nice! Me too.

This is what my 90 900 Turbo looked like at 15h00.

SmaartAasSaabr

Not just SAAB drivers. I have many fond memories from the '70's of driving my little '67 MGB (Brittish Racing Green of course) around on nights when the snow was flying and the plows hadn't made it out yet. I had a set of tire chains that I would slap over the bias ply rears and that little car was a little tractor. What a blast to slide around...

Come to think of it... there's never *too much snow*. Just too many other cars on the road that are out of control. ;-)

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Just a little snow? There is a point where the front bumper becomes a snow plow. Ground clearance is more important. My Saab 900 was buried in the hospital parking lot a years ago when we got 3 feet of snow. I had the "opportunity" to work 48 hours staight. Fortunately I made no mistakes - important since I was in the OR then. My father had a full size Ford Bronco. It easily drove through the unplowed roads - because you also needed a ladder to get in the truck :-)

Reply to
ma_twain

It's our 3rd 9-3. The first one (mid 90's) didn't had the ESP option and it was quite fun to let it go. the 2003 has it and you can't slide it or move it with the anti-skid. Not a 4x4 but not far.

I test drove the Combi with the V6 and ... man ! no more lag. Seems to me that they got a good V6 for a change in there.

"Malt_Hound" a écrit dans le message de news: DY6dneMWYtLAjDnenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

Shheessh - me too! Getting mine tomorrow (Tuesday) now. Tho it's due to dealer f*ck up, not snow, here.

Reply to
Champ

You must be a true visionary, living in the future, since the 9-3 did not come-out until '99. It was a 900 in the mid '90's ;-)

Reply to
Malt_Hound