Wipers for Saab 2006 9-3 Aero Combi

Hi,

I have a Saab 2006 9-3 Aero combi and need to replace the wipers. Does anyone know what the best replacement choice is? I've seen Bosch Micro Edge, Bosch Excel+, Bosch Winter Blade, Nipon, and Denso Endurovision.

What's the best one?

Thanks,

Josh

Reply to
Josh Kalish

Lots of opinions on this. I've tried a lot of blades. Bosch Micro were great new. But, no brand or model seem to endure very long. You have to change them every six months regardless. I've moved to using cheaper ones and just changing them when they die. Look for quality blade construction - steel thickness and other quality factors visibly vary in blades.

One note on Bosch - I've never been able to find Bosch refills, so you end up buying complete new blades every time. YMMV.

Reply to
still just me

Go with O.E. Saab blades, you won't regret it.

Reply to
squid

For all we know they're probably made by Bosch anyway.

Craig.

Reply to
Saab C900 Viggenist

My OE blades (on 2002 9-5 Aero) were fabulous. They lasted for 3+ years, they were quiet, no streaking, etc. Wonderful blades.

So I went to the Saab dealer to get a replacement. All they carried was Anco. Since I was there, I bought them. What CRAP wipers!! They chattered like crazy unless the windshield was totally wet, they streaked, etc.

Eventually I got sick of them and bought some Bosch blades. They were 3x more expensive than the Anco "equivalents," but they are 10x better blades. So far I've only had them for about 6 months but they are still quiet and streak-free.

Moral: don't waste money on cheap blades.

Reply to
Gary Fritz

My beef with Bosch was that you always had to buy new blades, no one carries refills that I can find. I'm not even sure if they make them. With all the salt, sand, and grit we get around here, 6 month replacement is a must... and it seems like a waste of money to buy new blades every time.

Reply to
still just me

"Saab C900 Viggenist" skrev i meddelelsen news:fm26fe$ghl$ snipped-for-privacy@yoda.apana.org.au...

Nope...