iPOD in a Saab 2006 ?

In my 9-3 '06 sport combi aero, I don't have anyplace where to plug my iPOD. Is there anything I can do ?

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

When you open your center console there is no cigarette lighter and 1/8" mini plug next to it? Those are standard as of 2005 models.

Please send us a link to a digital photo of the inside of underneath the armrest. I can't believe your 200 9-3 SportCombi does not have this.

SG

Reply to
SG

Aaah ! You are right !

My salesrep didn't even know about that

Wonder what else is hidden ?!!

"SG" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

I had to pay a whopping $30 for the cable kit to add that aux jack on my '03. I then bought an iPod charger made by Belkin (they call it an "Auto Kit") that fit's in the power jack and has an audio output mini-jack in it. Then a 6" patch cable from radio shack and Robert's your father's brother.

It's this one:

The advantage of that unit is that since it uses the audio from the dock cable, you only have the one cable (outside the console) to hook up to the Pod. It also has a pre-amplifier built in to help equalize the volume of the iPod as compared to other sources.

Reply to
Fred W

In a Saab? You'll find a feature a week for a few months :-)

Reply to
- Bob -

Well I have just taken delivery and tested the Griffin iTrip for iPod's and in car entertainment.

In a nut shell it resolves the single aux issue and inability to have both a multi CD changer and iPod port.

FM transmission tuned from the car radio to the iTrip and hey presto you got sounds.

To date I recommend and ebay is your friend if you go down this route.

Has anyone else found any other solutions?

Reply to
Mick x

I have a multi CD changer (in dash) and the aux port. It works just fine. The iPod port uses the "second" CD input which would be for a trunk mounted CD Changer. If you have the dash mounted 6 disk changer why on earth would you want a trunk changer too? Personally I hate trunk changers as they are inconvenient. If you have the trunk changer I would expect that you don't have the dash mounted one which would free up that input.

The infotainment system needs to be programmed to use the 2nd input by a dealer.

I have has a Griffin iTrip since I first bought my iPod. They are very convenient gadgets. Let you play your iPod in a friend's car or a rental. Also can quickly switch cars etc. You can play your iPod on any receiver, which is pretty cool. On a group trip last year we actually had 3 cars listening to U2 from my iPod while we motored down the road.

But the sound quality is somewhat limited by the iTrip. In general, when convenient, I prefer a hard wired connection when possible.

Reply to
Fred W