Direct Ignition Followup

In article , snipped-for-privacy@jhu.edu says...Still being a little new to saab and their ways, what is this. Is it what I know as the Direct Ignition Module that is atop my 2.3 litre four?

Some 5 years ago while visiting Canadian friends the cassette in my 1994

9000CSE died on the Queen Elizabeth highway. After the car cooled a bit I was able to limp to a Saab dealer west of Toronto. The car had over 80,000 miles and was out of warranty an I expected a large bill. To my pleasent surprise they said that the ignition unit was under a "hidden warranty" and that there was no charge.

Has anyone else had this experience? Might this still apply or was it just for a bad batch made in 1994?

R. Frist

1998 9000CSE 5 speed 1994 9000CSE Auto (now my son's) 1985 900T 5 speed (now my grandson's)
Reply to
Ramsey Frist