ECU upgrades

Does anyone out there have any experience with Maptun or Taliaferro ECU upgrades? Good or bad experiences would be informative.

Also, any experiences with lowering the car with springs, etc.

Thanks in advance.....

Reply to
SI

Maptun is well known. I've never heard any complaints. The guys at Taliaferro are terrific. If you send email to snipped-for-privacy@genuinesaab.com it goes to Nick Taliaferro. He's very helpful and I would not hesitate to work with him. Post your year/model/engine here to get more specific information.

What year and specific model ? There are a variety of springs available for some, from stiff sport to light sport depending on model. Also, you should be considering a stiffer set of shocks to control stiffer springs, I like Koni adjustables.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the experienced thoughts.

I didn't leave specifics because I don't actually have the car yet! We already own a 2000 9-5 Wagon and love it. I'm thinking of buying a 2000 or

2001 9-5 Linear sedan 2.3t (gotta love those used car prices) and making mods to it.

I'd like the suspension changes to improve the handling and make it similar (better?) to the Aero model. So Koni is your recommendation for shocks, what about springs? Where do I buy them? What brand?

I really appreciate the knowledgeable readers who are willing to coach us newbies.

Thanks again.

Scott

Reply to
SI