Experiencing Ignition Problem With My 1997 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 2.3L

I am experiencing trouble trying to start my vehicle. Today, I took apart the Direct Ignition cassette and examined it. The electrical harness and connector seemed fine but upon further investigation, I discovered that my spark plug compartment area was showing signs of rust. Not a lot, but some. Also, after removing all the spark plugs, I could see that they were dirty and that their "gaps" were quite large! I thoroughly cleaned the DI cassette and the spark plug compartment area. Tomorrow, I will replace the spark plugs with new ones to see if this will finally correct my ignition problem. If anyone has encountered this same type of ignition problem, or has any suggestions, please respond!

Reply to
cyberman59