Finally, the Saab factory will be closed down

GM has now announced that the Saab factory will be closed as there is no credible buyer.

th

Yeah, it is old news.

johannes

Argh...... I wish all the responsible managers go to hell. I heard the news in the radio, while driving down the frozen Autobahn with my old 9000 and trying to convince my wife to buy a 9-5 because Saab espacially works god in wintertime. What choice do I have now, to buy a powerful front driven car ? Audi A4 is just for singles, A6 is too expensive...

Axel

Reply to
Axel Schäfer

The could be some good deals on Saab cars in the next few days... I wouldn't mind to get my hands on a late reg 9-5 estate. Naise motar.

Reply to
johannes

Will the last person switch off the engine...

Looks like it is being broken up and Saab turbo technology sold to Chinese car makers.

Nice cars though. Nice to have a car with 'real' instrument panels with 'real' indicators and switches rather than the digital display and multi- function buttons you see in modern cars nowadays. Clearly cuts down costs when you combine all functions into one switch of some kind and a single chip to control the display. Just have remember how many times you have to push it and in which direction to get a desired effect. E.g. some of the horrors I've seen on small hire cars.

Reply to
johannes

Reply to
Derek.W.Fell

Just read a report on that. Apparently covers all the failings and deadlocks of the original, and GM have until tomorrow to decide.

Elder

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@sizefi9827622441tter.com...

Waaaayyyy wrong. What is sold to BAIC is the old production line for the old Saab 9-3, and the outgoing Saab 9-5. Like the engine technology being sold is the original Saab-engine, which Saab doesn't use anymore...

Reply to
Henrik B.