Flickering Dash With Headlights Too...

This flickering is annoying; what could be behind it!?!!

Year? Model? When does it flicker?
1994 9000 CS turbo... The flickering occurs on the dash any time the car is at idle; the headlights, of course, have to be turned on to (in case it occurs to you to ask further)...

Do you have any signs of a weak battery (slow cranking)? What speed is your engine idling, and is it smooth or rough? If you try to lower the power windows while idling, do the lights flicker worse (voltage drop)?

Valjean, In my experience this is caused by poorly fitting headlamp bulb retaining clips. These are always tricky to fit properly in the vehicle, plus they weaken with age.
I eventually fixed my 9000 by removing the headlamps and working on the bench (actually the kitchen worktop).
Headlamps come out really easily - (from memory) remove rad' grille, pop the orange indicator unit (squeeze something round the back), unplug the electrics, then it's a question of a single bolt (or is it two?) and lift the headlamp out.
To protect the unit on the bench place it face down on cloth/foam/newspaper padding. You should be able to see exactly how the clips are supposed to fit, and can use long-nosed pliers to make any necessary restoration of shape. Ultimately, you may need to buy new clips.
Took me about 15 minutes per side, plus 30 minutes removal/refitting.
No flickering since.
Best of luck with this Adrian
wrote:

is
your
Try re-soldering all the contacts of the rheo-stat, -> the thing that lets you adjust the dim of the back light,
second the headlight switch,
third the ignition switch are a common fault on those models.
Cheers Mike