2001 V70 Front Brakes

2001 V70 2.4, front brake pads are looking thin...

I assume changing pads is pretty straightforward... No software update or VADIS connection needed?

Any special tools?

Can rotors ever be turned, or should I go ahead and get a pair while I'm at it?

Thanks...

Reply to
<fargo

Brakes are pretty straightforward. Whether the rotors can be turned depends on how thin they are. Normally, Volvo front rotors seem to last

2 sets of pads, then they're too thin.
Reply to
Mike F

i had new rotors put on my s80t6 for aprox $100 per side, w/pads....the mechanic told me not to turn them as, the newer rotors don't "take turning" like the older ones did...labor & $ wise...it is quicker and cheper to just replace them...........

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^