9-5 Front Brakes

Hi,

I have a 99, 9-5 wagon that according to the dealer needs new pad and rotors. The rotors have never been turned and I am on the original pads....not too bad for 70,000 miles.

I have replaced rotors and pads on other cars, but don' have a manual for this one. Anything difficult about replacing the rotors and pads on this car?

Any suggestions on what rotors and pads to use? If I do choose to have this done at the dealer, approximately what should it cost me?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
WORSS

The rotors have never been turned and I am on the original pads....not too bad for 70,000 miles.

one. Anything difficult about replacing the rotors and pads on this car?

done at the dealer, approximately what should it cost me?

The dealer will ALWAYS say you need new rotors. Check it out at an independent brake shop or Saab shop first. I just put on new pads at 60,000. (First replacement was at 30,000.) The rotors should be good for another 30,000 miles, if not more.

Reply to
Steven Stern