Front fog light

For the past 5 weeks I have been the proud owner of a 2001 93 SEt convertible - so far so good. While cleaning it (again) today I saw that the front o/s fog lamp lens was smashed. The glass is still in place but may not stay for long. Having looked around on the web I have found replacements at various outlets for around £80 and on Ebay for a bit less than that. I have 3 questions - 1) do I have to replace the whole unit; 2) is it a difficult job; 3) is there a way to protect the lens in the future as is appears to be in a very handy position for flying stones etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Mark James