FS: 2001 Saab 9-5 wagon-Durham, NC

Hello, we are selling our Saab wagon because with 2 kids we want to get a minivan. It has close to 86,000 miles on it and is running great. Leather, cooling seats with sunroof. Write for pictures and more details.

9,999.00 Tim
Reply to
Tim

No man their right mind *wants* to get a minivan. Tell the truth, Tim. Your *wife* wants to get a minvan, right?

The SAAB wagon you already have is more than capable of doing everything any mini-van can do and in far better style.

Not to mention the fact that your kids are far safer in the back seat of the 9-5 than they will be in any minivan.

Reply to
Fred W

Tim,

Why would you want to risk the safety of your family in a minivan?

The Safety cannot even be compared to a Saab's 9-5 superior safety record.

I am unsure why you need a minivan, seriously. It does not sound logical to me, only the other way around makes sense.

SG

Reply to
SG

You guys talk like your single or you've been deluded into thinking you have some power in the decision making in your family ;-).

To be honest, the sightlines in the Saab rearview mirror aren't great but not sure a minivan will be any better.

the backseat is a little cumbersome to put the kids into in that I bump my 2 year old boy's head sometimes and puttiing in the infant seat into it's base in the middle of the back seat is a little tough for my wife.

lastly, my kid likes sitting higher up so he can see what is happening around him.

do you really think the Saab is safer than the newest minvans by honda or toyota?

Reply to
Tim

Ah. Whipped. I see.

Don't you think you might want to check that before making the change?

No reason to guess, google "HLDI" and find out for yourself.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

It's a joint decision in our household, mostly. I have more sway over the car, Charlie has more say over the house.

Sometimes it's a little tough?

Booster seat.

Yes.

Reply to
DervMan

Not everything. The back-seat room in my 9-5 Aero wagon is pretty pathetic. My kids are only 9 and 11 and there is barely enough legroom for them. Yes, I'm tall, and yes, I have the seat back a ways. But in nearly any minivan there would be much more legroom for them AND headroom for me. When they get into their teens (and top 6', which for me happened in 7th grade), the 9-5 won't cut it any more.

Most minivans have 2 seats in the middle row, and 2-3 in the rear! If you need to carry more than 2-3 kids, a minivan or similar is a necessity. With only 2 kids I can generally get by OK with the wagon, but there are times when you need to carpool &etc.

I still have my 9-5 because I *really* don't want a minivan. But when the kids get bigger, a *gag* minivan or *gag* SUV will likely be my only choices...

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

the way our child seat is put in the car, is legs are pretty damn close to the front seat and he is only 2.

Reply to
Tim

If he is only 2 years in age he should not be sitting forward facing. It is much safer to use rear facing up to say 4 years, to get more legroom have the passenger seat airbag disconnected and place the child seat there.

Reply to
th

Unfortunately, in the US, the lawmakers have decreed otherwise. We have laws based more on feeling, than thinking, too often.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Or try reading

statistics from real life accidents is summarised. IIRC reports from other years were more detailed and the 9^5 came out being more than 40% safer than the average car, certainly being the best in all classes. Also consider aspects like the risk of whiplash injury where Saab has an effective seat design minimising the effects of being hit from the rear.

Reply to
th

Well, we finally sold the wagon (86,000 miles on it and we got 9,000.00 for it, which is far more than a dealer was willing to give on trade). I find it interesting how perception impacts the price of a car so much in that the SAAB is still driving great but loses resale value very quickly.

Reply to
Tim

how old was it?

Tim escreveu: