Fuel type for Saab 1985 900i (new owner)

In my 900S (sedan body) it looks like a piece of board similar to what's sold here in Australia as 'masonite', but it's slightly thinner (about 4 mm) and has been vac-formed to sit in the space behind the rear seats. It's got some water damage (though the rear windshield on my car doesn't leak), so I might replace it with something cut from standard-thickness masonite board. The slightly thicker board will also hold the rear speakers better as the thin board just becomes an extension of the speakers at bass frequencies.

8-)

There are a couple of Ebay sellers who marker AC conversion kits but most people don't have any equipment to remove the old fluid, safely store it for disposal, and re-fill the system with the newer fluid to the correct pressures.

I've just recently joined this club and am eagerly awaiting my first copy of Saabmissions in the mail!

I have a couple of spare wiper motors here. Just sitting in my parts collection.

The Bentley manuals are better, but both used together are very good.

I keep a Haynes manual in my 900S and the Bentley manual is here at home since that's where I do all the work on the car.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Workshop

SOmewhere in the back of my mind I remember that one of the libraries in the inner west had a great collection of manuals - pretty sure it was Ashfield. Reference only but you can always p/copy! Give them a ring & if it isn't them they'll know who has 'em. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Hi Hippo,

That's a brilliant suggestion! Thanks ever so much.

Rob

hippo wrote:

Reply to
Eskimo Bob

Hi Rob,

I live in Waterfall in the Sutherland Shire. There is a very good Saab place at Parramatta called SaabServ and I'm going to take my 1983 900S to them for a proper service by a real Saab tech next time it's due for some work that's outside my scope to realistically consider doing myself.

Alec Mildren's in the north of Sydney (around Chatswood I think) are a very well known Saab dealer and the Mildren family have been involved with Saab's in Australia for well over 30 years.

I have a lot of links on my C900 Workshop website for Australian Saab dealers that have websites, along with stacks of other Saab-related things (not just in Australia). My site also has web-based forums, etc. which provide an Australia/NZ focused alternative to the high-brow, censored forums at saabnet.com.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Workshop