almost a new saab owner

Hi all, By =91almost=92 I mean I=92m looking at a c900 convertible tonight. . The photos look great, so I=92m hoping it works out! Anyway, I thought I=92d share my excitement.. Anyone here has one of these (or any c900), and advise of what I should be looking out for?

Reply to
Diego

Diego gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Tin-top here, but a c900 T16 as my everyday car.

There's a lot of very good and helpful people on SaabCentral.com - and a very good buyer's guide at

Adrian

If you get rain make sure the hood doesn't leak. Sounds obviouse but=20 they an easy car to forgive minor flaws until they get so annoying you=20 either spend out big or sell it and vow never to have another, for about=20 a week.

Mine had bad rust in the A pillars but it looked like it might at some=20 point have had a crash.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Hi,

Fortunately (or perhaps UNfortunately, as it might be the case), I live in the one of the driest countres in the world .... Here in Australia (or particularly in MElbourne) we hardly get any rain.. (save for the past week or so!!) In any case, it did happen to drizzle last night when I looked at the car and no leaks showed.. The roof has been recently restored (in the past few years, anyway) and you can certainly tell.. The paint is not in the best condition (still original from '88, I'd say, so it's fading), but the interior looks better than my 2001 9-5 does, and the 9-5 is in great condition!

The heated seats don't work, but.. Oh well. Guess this can be fixed!

No rust anywhere. Looks like it's a keeper!!

A bit of a tapping on the engine which could (hopefully) be cured by an oil flush or (worst case) changing the lifters (tappets)....

Fingers crossed!! I'll get it checked out at the local saab dealer..

Reply to
Lucy