900i Jubilee

What's a 3 door worth, in metallic grey? I'm in the UK, so prices in dollars and euros are bit pointless ;).

Reply to
Doki

Well depends on condition - but it's basically just a 900i with extras sooo, £500?

Was a limited edition (of 300) to celebrate 50 years of Saab cars. Has leather, alloys, spoiler full electrics etc.

Reply to
chris

Condition is everything, I would expect a really nice specimine to go for quite a bit more than that but then I hear cars rust readily over there so who knows.

Reply to
James Sweet

Rust isn't an issue with modern cars, except maybe Fords :-)

A couple of years back I found reasonable jubilee for £300. Most have done starship mileage which puts most people off - we know better of course... The absoute max I'd pay for a mint, low mileage jubilee with FSH is £800-£1000.

Reply to
chris

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Doki at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on

28/11/2004 21:16:

If you're talking about the Tjugofem, then less than they should, IMO. When it all boils down, it's a normally aspirated eight valve and as such not worth much. What you are paying for with that kind of SAAB is the quality. I saw a minter (and I mean a minter!!!) go recently for 750 quid. It was number 133 IIRC ... I also saw number 4 shift up my way for around 600 quid.

So, the Jubilee does get more than normally aspirated eight valves usually do ... It's one of those cars that needs the right buyer. It only holds value to the buyer. You'd be lucky to get 500 quid otherwise.

At a recent SOC meeting, we discussed the Tjugofem and it would appear that they are held with some esteem. The flat nose shape seems to be getting more attention nowadays ... and perhaps the Tjugofem will be of value in the near future.

Nice car, all the same - enjoy it :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

on

Ah if only nice used cars could be had so cheaply over here, a truly mint condition C900 would easily fetch over $2500, most of them are a bit beat by now and still go for $1200-$1800 with a straight and rust-free body, average interior and no major mechanical problems. The way I look at it, if it's in great shape why shouldn't it be worth a fair amount? What sort of new car could you get for even twice the cost of a nice used one that would be anywhere close in quality, performance, comfort, you name it.

Reply to
James Sweet

in article UKKqd.5389$6o5.2633@trnddc08, James Sweet at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 29/11/2004 19:27:

The "minter" I referred to really was. It was awesome. Right down to the boot latch, door action, bonnet catch, everything ... It was quite something to feel what a classic 900 felt like straight off the factory line (almost!). Even the fabric seats, door cards and headliner felt fresh; unused. I've not felt anything like that even on newer SAABs.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Something really special will fetch nice money. A '93 Ruby (last of the C900's) went for £4600 ($8700?) on EBay recently. Saabs are high depreciators when new and that makes them great used bargains. BMW's hold their prices better - every tit seems to want one...

But yep in general used cars are cheap here - especially big cars. You can pick up a '92 Jag XJ40 for 500 (and a whole heap of trouble, probably...)

Reply to
chris

I guess it's kinda the opposite here, domestic cars depreciate like mad, could probably pick up a '94 Lincoln luxury car for a couple grand in good shape, or a Taurus of the same year for $1300 but anything European, Saab, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, etc, even the 80's stuff goes for $2k pretty regularly in nice (though not nessesarily mint) condition, mid 90's still fetch 5-10k or more.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yeah, but a Ruby is a proper FPT jobby with Aero kit isn't it? A good late Aero can be £2.5k from what I understand.

Reply to
Doki

That's still one hell of a deal, there's likely not a single new car you could buy for that price, and if you could think of how sparse it would be? Could get a pair of very nice used ones and a bunch of spares for the same price.

Reply to
James Sweet

in article oj8rd.1379$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.ntli.net, chris at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 01/12/2004 00:33:

My Dad bought a Daimler straight six (the XJ40 model) around that year recently for about 1500 quid. He's spent about another grand on it, but it's in great shape now. I suppose if he'd spent 2500 quid outright, he'd have a similar quality car.

I would say that bigger cars are better value for the money. Think a 500 quid Vauxhall Nova against a 500 quid SAAB classic 900 ... !!! All things considered, SAAB and old(er) BMWs seem to be the genuine bargains.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Doki at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on

01/12/2004 23:21:

The Ruby has quite a unique bumper style, but no body kit. It is a 185 BHP car with a catalyser, making it the most powerful classic 900 (from the factory, or course).

Check out the paintjob:

It gives the appearance of a flat nose, IMO. With the leather interior, it make quite a sumptuous classic 900.

Now ... Back to the Jubilee, eh? There's a little article here:

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday