Further update to the low peak Boost situation.

Looks like my Wastegate actuator may be getting a little old and ropey.

With the application of a little plus gas the locking nut came slack nicely.

Expecting to find a pin, I was surprised to find what looked like a circlip (underneath with a torch).

Except it wasn't a whole clip, it was like two half pieces wedged in to hold the actuator arm and rod together. They took a bit of wiggling, but once out, the rod slipped off cleanly.

I gave it two full turns, re-assembled it, and used a think cable tie with the end left on as a temporary replacement until I can find some circlips.

Took a test run, and it peaked at 0.8Bar, but straight away, it crept back to 0.6Bar peak.

That was on a mixed tank of Optimax and Esso premium (optimax has gone up, and Esso Super is too expensive, but their premium is the cheapest locally).

Now I have it peaking, what does anyone suggest to get it to peak and hold? I assume the wastegate is still creeping open at peak, but I'm loath to adjust the rod further unless told to.

On an aside, I checked the solenoid was actually working, checked if it clicked when disconnected, and discovered a load of the insulation of both wires was just crumbling, so I stripped it back and taped it.

I guess I should really try a base boost run and see where it opens without the APC, before I discount adjusting it an tighter.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo