Why

do people spend so much money spamming up road cars, which in most cases makes them worse to drive than a std vehicle, when for the same sort of money they could get involved in competition driving, which would be a lot more fun, and in many cases cost far less than spamming a road car?

Ken

You obviously haven't done any competitive driving then.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Wonder why you ask that? ............

Ken

Why do you think it's any of your business ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Why do you shag goats Chris?

Reply to
James Grabowski

Because you clearly don't have any idea how much building a car for 'competition driving' costs. Unless you mean driving round and round the Eastleigh one way system seeing how many fugly 15 year old birds you can pick up?

Besides, who exactly has spammed up their car? All the mods I've done to my cars serve a purpose.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

And what IS 'spamming' up a car? Covering it in crap advertising emails...? All the mods we did over the last few weekends have served a purpose too. The Coupe Turbo has recieved a boost guage, oil temp guage and some other guage (I wasn't present for the fitting of them) this morning. We've used blank din plates and the 2nd din slot to mount them into so they're pretty discrete. They look pretty good if I do say so myself, kinda like they should be there.

Reply to
Iridium

What's this Coupe Turbo then? Rover? Fiat? Astra?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sorry Astra, they're all Astras :) GSi Turbo, SRi Turbo and Coupe Turbo, and the guy who does remaps (although he's not part of the small group we have here, just an accquaintence) also happens to have a GSi Turbo. We've discovered now tho the Coupe isn't boosting as it should, so we suspect it might have a boost leak somewhere... Anything else that can cause loss of boost? Heard about worn springs on some stuff and things?

Reply to
Iridium

Does he?

I thought he just wanked over other people's wives in car parks.

Reply to
SteveH

Worn spring on the wastegate I guess, causing it to open to early? Can't see that being a problem on a newish car though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's a 2001 iirc - Y plate. Is that old enough to have a worn spring?

Reply to
Iridium

You can do many forms of competition in a std road car, without any need for pathetic chav "mods" that make the driver look ridiculous and dont work!

Ken

You keep saying this like it's a bad thing.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And did the person that did the "remap", fit a programmable ECU, or burn a ROM chip for specific application after extensive dyno testing?

Ken

I am curious to know why there seem to be ever increasing numbers of idiot chavs driving around in cars which all seem to have the same sort of silly mods, which in most cases mean they wont work as well as the std vehicle?

Ken

Wrong on both counts...........unless you 2 are fuckwitted enough to actually believe whats posted on here!

Ken

There aren't.

HTH

Reply to
Lordy.UK

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

That dump valve you fitted would be the first suspect on my list.

Reply to
Pete M

Fair comment, given that these accusations stem from the ads that you posted originally using one of your many anonymous alter egos and no-one believes any of your lies anyway!

Reply to
straggle