Getting a new used one ...

So, time has come to get myself another used one, since the experience with saab has been great, but cars just die from time to time, and the one we used to have a older 9000 2.0 with a high pressure turbo, has served us well for it's lifetime, but as said already, after a certain amount of years, it's time for a change. Since we drive a lot with the car inside the family, if it's now for work or leasure reasons, we do about 40k km. a year. What i wanted to know now, is if the price what i'd be paying for the next one is correct ... or should i try to handle it down even more. I have an offer here @ the moment for a 9000 2l Turbo, from 04/97 and with

103k km. it has full equipment (leather, climate, cd player, etc, etc, etc), from the outside & inside it looks in a very good condition and so does the engine. (The ex-owner was a elder man who got himself a 9-5 now) The 100k service has just been made by the dealer. Driving it felt sorta bit funny since the differece between HPT and LPT is noticeable (u don't get that Big-man-hits-you-in-the-but-feeling anymore, when the turbo jumps on, but much more a smoother and steadier acceleration), but i think i could get used to it, since there still isn't a better place to sit in, as the leather seats of a saab ... doesn't matter if it's an airplane or the car itself ;) Now the price was originally 8.900 EUR, but after some discussion it went down to 8.300 EUR and a 3 Month dealer-guarantee on the car is included.

Any comments please, and for what should i really be paying attention on, on that year release of the model would be very welcome.

Thnx.

Tw.

Reply to
tw259