GM terminates Oldsmobile...

The CNN article covering GM's decision to kill the Oldsmobile brand mentions:

"'Once GM began relying more on sharing components, and virtually entire cars, among different brands, Oldsmobile began to suffer from a loss of identity,' said Ken Gross, an automotive historian and columnist for Old Cars Weekly."

Hopefully Saab will not share this fate, but in light of the very un-Saab 4WD vehicles in the pipe, it seems like a possibility.

John

Reply to
John B

"John B" skrev i melding news:slrnc8vqvt.leb.rotten_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain...

GM wouldn't kill Saab as long as American vehicles don't sell in Europe. GM and Ford are battling each other and the germans for the European upper middle market with Saab and Volvo

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

We may not loose the brand but we can loose the car.

:-) Charles

Reply to
Charles Christacopoulos

Have you seen the latest 9-3 design? We've already lost the car: do you think we'll ever see that lovely little bubble-hatch any more? Not likely at all. Ah well. 8/

Reply to
Viktor Haag