Good bye 1992 saab conv

Well It is a sad day for me I sold my saab conv. Just could not keep up with the repairs. 14 years of constant repairs just wore me down. Never had a car that needed so much work ,contstanty fixing some problem. I guess the fact that the top went down kept me going all those years. anyway I will be moving on to something more reliable in the future.

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

in article snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, PAPAGENE4JACK at snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote on 01/10/2006 21:09:

Perhaps you've never had a car you loved so much?

Ah well ... Bet you enjoyed it nevertheless? I look at it this way ... If I bought a new car, I could lose thousands a year on it which I could spend on a car that was worth spending thousands on. What do you have lined up as a replacement?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

you wasted 14 years of your life on an unreliable car??..couldn't be that bad....

Reply to
john

probably a newer saab conv. I like the styling of the 04 and up. Im told the newer saab are more reliable especially the transmission. I have no complaints with saab they replaced the trans in my 1992 3 times at there expense. But in the last 2 months the trans they replaced 40k ago is starting to go. I found a guy to purchase it and he works on saabs all the time he can do his own work. I was at the mercy of the dealer and you know how that goes, but that said I had lots of fun in that car. I dont think I will ever be able to replaced the style. The older saabs are really great looking cars especially the conv. So I say I will move on. The happy part is the guy who is buying it loves the car and is willing to work on and get it in top condition so that made the sale a little easier for me. papagene

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

No John It wasnt that bad, It was just a lot of down time with the car always tied up being repaired. But like I said the top went down and those were the fun times. as far as reliable I dont know of very many 14 yr old cars with 152k on them that are reliable,most are not. Best Regards gene

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Sorry to hear of your recent divorce from your saab. hopefully you will find a new car that won't give you as much trouble. two years ago I was out of a job and out of a company car. my wife was tired of sharing her vehicle with me and she found 2 cars for sale, real cheep. Ford probe and a Saab. I always heard bad things about probes (and this one had electrical problems). So we purchased the Saab. it is a 1985

Reply to
Rod H