Hood won't release on 900T

We have an 87 900T convertible that I'm getting ready to sell now that the weathers turning. It figures thta the battery's dead and the hood doesn't release. The cable is pulling and makes a noise like it's trying to release but the front of the hood remains closed tightly. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Keyser Söze

Try getting a friend to tug up on the hood while you pull the release.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

in article 9i8mc.143708$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, Keyser Söze at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 05/05/2004 17:06:

If it really won't budge with some serious swearing, you might be lucky enough to be able to insert a screwdriver between the grille and the hood. You can then undo the grille and remove it, giving you free access to see what the problem is.

This happened to me a while back and it was the small spring that had snapped and parts of the mechanism had fallen off. The above procedure worked for me.

Good luck,

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I don't know if he's gotten to the "get a friend to tug on the hood as you pull the handle" trick yet, try that before the screwdriver trick.

I've had it where the cable stretches over the years, it gradually gets worse until you notice it by it not working.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz