my hood wont release on my XJ40

my stepdad was sparying off my engine bay, when he went to close the hood he did it softly and only the drivers side locked. the passenger side of the hood did not lock and had to be forced down. before it was forced down i tried pulling the release lever but it would not budge. so my hood is now completely closed and the release is stuck. how can i unjam it?

i have tried loosening the bolts in the front above the grill, where the hood is, hoping to be able to lift the hood, but it still is not budging. cannot get to the release from underneath the car, and already tried pulling and pulling the release wire from inside the car. any ideas?

thank yoU!!!!

Try pulling the release while someone leans on the hood by the catches.

JJ

Reply to
jeremy