Hood stuck on 94 explorer ltd

Yesterday I was under the hood and then let the hood down unaware that the hood clamps were in the closed position. I have tried with three people to pry it open with our hands and just cannot undo it. i have tried opening it by pulling the hood release and pulling the hood up at the same time but with no success. Would taking off the grille help and if so can I do it without being able to raise the hood? There has got to be some way to open it without totally wrecking the hood. Any ideas will be appreciated!

Reply to
Tang

Yup there is . There are two bolts on each side of the pin latch. You can just fit a socket extention to it. Un bolt and lift up the hood.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers