I didn't need that fog light anyway...

OK, I finally crawled under the front of this 1998 900 and attempted to change the bulb on the fog light. The owners manual points to 3 screws... two shown in step 1 and one 2. Step one says : "Remove the air deflector and lower section of the front spoiler". I took out 4 screws and I was nowhere near ready to remove either the spoiler or the air deflector. Do you have to take both sides off? It seems split in the middle.

The two screws drawn in the Step 1 diagram are both hex heads but both of the screws on the front spoiler are torques pan-head. Could they have made this any more difficult?

I put all the screws back and decided to do this another (warmer) day hopefully after I get a decent manual

-meld

Reply to
meld_b

All they're good for anyway is blinding oncoming traffic...

Reply to
Kimball

Maybe - they're not as bad as these new blue lights though! Seems like SAAB has switched over right. Why do they hurt my eyes?

Actually I've been in a couple of white-out blowing snow storms lately where I thought they would have helped. I will say the ones on our 02 Subaru seem a lot brighter than the SAAB - but then I've only got one there.

-D

Kimball wrote:

Reply to
meld_b