Lifting the rear seat base - C900 2dr

All,

I just can't manage to release the rear seat base.

As I understand it, there should be some sort of a catch around the middle of the rear seat base/back joint - basically, stick your hand down the gap and fiddle.

I can't find it anywhere. There's some kind of a thin metal rod going side- to-side, but that just bends. There's something that *could* be a latch, but it seems far too far down - just about fingertip, with my arm in as far as it'll go - I feel like a soddin' vet....

Am I missing something, or has it been butchered by a previous owner somewhere down the line?

When I get it lifted, is there likely to be much in the way of semi-secure storage space down there?

Reply to
Adrian

Should be a small nylon strap loop to grab onto - may have been cut off by previous owner.

For a sandwitch, a camera or a phone, yes. Not for anything bigger.

Reply to
Grunff

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ixxa.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Or a CD changer, Mini-ITX spec PC, or a 300Watt inverter (I have the inverter there).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Reply to
ma_twain

ma_twain (ma snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'd appreciate that. Thanks. Send it to ac (at) Too Many 2cvs dot co dot uk

If it slid, it's hidden well. This should be in the centre of the seat, findable through the gap between base and back, just under the armrest?

Reply to
Adrian

Yep, that would be it.

Reply to