lpt 900 kreg

how do you up the boost on this model without fitting anything else. can a manual boos valve be fitted?

Reply to
bern

That's spot on Kristian. Increase the boost, presumably drive harder, but everything else the same. What gives? It must mean less reliability and less longevity. I know that many may disagree with me, but that's their problem. I stubbornly hold to that view.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

"bern" skrev i melding news:jp8nc.962$ snipped-for-privacy@wards.force.net...

You sound just like the kind of guy who would fit stronger brakes and uprated suspension before going through with such a step.

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

What model/year/country ?

Reply to
-Bob-

ah, sense!

k reg 1992 5 door 900s 16 valve, lpt.

I have a 1985 t16 with alloy intercooler, multipoint lpg, extra turbo fueller injector, full pressure turbo.

does the lpt variant have wastegate/compressor/return pipes, or is this done differently on the low power turbos. I know about volvo 440 coolers, and apc modding, chipping etc, and just wondered about the control limitations of the stock Low pressure turbo. thanks bernie

-Bob- wrote:

Reply to
bern

United Kingdom is the location.

Reply to
Charles Christacopoulos

...in the uk yes....

Reply to
bern

Making the designation "kreg" or K-reg in the title a whole lot clearer ;-)

After having looked through Englisch Dictionaries, I concluded the car must have been in some very foreign country, because "kreg" does not mean anything to me in any of the languages I've got any knowledge of. However "kreng" in Dutch means "bitch", but that wouldn't be any way to talk about your car (let alone your wife)...

Reply to
Nel Frikandel

Registration prefix letter for registered from August 1992 to end July 1993. I used to be good at the uk prefix registration letters, but the system was mocked up when they went to half year changes for a while and now it's a completely different system with numbers: Year-2000 for the first half of a year and Year-2000+50 for the second half.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

hmmm.... in english this implies bemusement

ok...no help then... I'll fit an apc and charge cooler and just dismiss the rather acrimonious question of whether I could get the turbo fanning on an L.P.T (low pressure turbo) without any more parts.

c yah

Johannes H Andersen wrote:

Reply to
bern

I'm not dismissing your question, but have insufficient experience to answer it. I have a 1993 9000 2.0 lpt which I find more than adequate for driving within uk speed limits, I rarely use all the 150bph. The car is really nice and smooth and I like to keep it that way.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I understand your point of view, however I have to do a lot of messing with these cars now as I have about 6 around, thus the mission to find out the information is borne out of resurrection.

Myself and a friend of mine are buying in mostly full pressure aeros, and refurbishing them with : new head linings, full valets.

full engine job if needed, such as polishes, timing chains, vac pipe replacement.

After that, they are getting the newest, 300hp capable digital multipoint gas injection and piggy back superchips to adjust m.a.p/m.a.f/timing/turbo fuelling/apc/knock. (as far as I know(after talking to a lot of gas companies), I am the only one so far to have fitted succesfully a TRUE multipoint injection system on a 900 turbo, as there is a problem tuning it due to the timing being too closely related to the air mass flow, plus a lack of coherent digital pulse from the petrol injectors. Anyway, it works very well indeed, and those cars with

100,000 miles+ on the petrol injectors, get a new lease of smooth power delivery, and tunability. The gas can be tuned on a stock car for superior performance compared to petrol(even with a bigger petrol rail pressure).

I have been designing gas carbs and electronic solutions for gas for 5 years now, and my love of 900 turbos has manifest in being able to offer people these cars after they have recieved a lot of TLC. 175-300 hp @ 37 pence/litre....its great.

I also drive a 2.7 rover vitesse as a dogsbody , on gas, and an obligatory range rover :)

all the best bernie

These cars are not going to be cheap, starting at £3500 and ending up to £4800, depending on vehicle tune(up to 300 hp), however, the gas will be returning 24-28 mpg when driven happily, and is warrantied for 2 years.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line concerning personal specification, and we will do what we can for you.

I also plan to put automatics in them if specified, for the folk who no longer want a clutch, but still want to drive around in a great car, so any suggestion on the auto conversion, plus issues about just how much power can the auto boxes take.

I want to f>

Reply to
bern