mystery vacuum hose - C900

Chaps,

Hope someone can help. I've been changing more vacuum hose today on my 1987 T16. I've found a mystery piece of vac hose. It appears from under the fusebox and disappears back the the footwell (I think). It ends about 10 cm in front of the fusebox but isn't attached to anything. What *should* it be attached to?? If I suck on this pipe, the throttle valve opens... there is a hole by the header tank in the wing lip which I thought the pipe might go through, but on taking the header tank off, there's nothing for it to attach to there either.

Can you help? Please.. before it goes dark?

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" skrev i meddelandet news:bs449r$90kik$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-163316.news.uni-berlin.de...

Cruisecontrol?

/B

Reply to
Blacksmith

Cheers ! Must be. So *that's* why my cruise doesn't work :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Mike see if you can find the Townsend site (not always up it seems), there is a diagram of the cruise pipe layout on there. that pipe should be part of a T piece that goes to there, and some where else (on mine) Might be EGR related not sure).

The Townsend site lists all the Cruise pipe work inside the inner wing, on the left hand side. makes sense when you can see the diagram.

Wish my cruise fault was as simple.

Sucking on the hose brings up throttle speed. Pulling the small chain under the dash raises throttle speed. Switching on cruise and hitting set makes a nice solenoid/switch type click under the dash, but it won't hold at a speed.

I've adjusted the brake and clutch switches to make sure that they are fully engaged. I've replaced all the udner dash hosing I can get to, and all the under bonnet hoses except some some pieces on the cruise unit itself. Guess they are next.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Ah, my cruise control works intermittently, and hitting "set" makes the nice clicking sound only when it's working. So I suspect the switch in my case, which I will be investigating as time permits. Now that I've finally figured out how to get the lower dash off :)

John

Reply to
John B

Hi Carl,

I can't be arsed with fixing the cruise, it's just too much hassle for the use I'd get out of it. I was more concerned that I'd inadvertantly pulled off or cut a hose I shouldn't have when I found it lying there! Everything else vac related apart from the cruise works OK, so I really don't want to take the risk of upsetting something when I take the dash off... :-)

If you know where I can find a diagram of the under-bonnet vac hoses it would be great. I *think* I've found them all now..:-)

So far I've had the car about 4 months. In that time, it's had a new rad, new thermostat, balljoints, pads and discs as well as a set of clear indicators and side repeaters and a forge recirc dump valve. It's already a different car to the one I bought, it's so much better to drive now all the hose and the DV have been replaced. It'll be even better when the tweaked APC that Mr Matt Faulks kindly sent me today (Thanks Matt!!), the 3 bar FPR and the #30 Injectors I just ordered from the states. :-))) Can't wait!! Anyone up for a track day next year? :-) I'll travel anywhere in the UK

Thanks for the advice re vac hose, but I'll leave it for now

Merry Xmas!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

In article , stickit@up- uranus.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

All the cruise electrics are under the dash, but there is some gubbins in the inner wing behind the indicator/side light, probably next to the APC if yours is a later T16 (my APC is below the back seat) I think that is where your mystery hose should connect to. If you aren't connecting it, I reckon it should be plugged off at least.

Again the Townsend site, or Saabcentral.com may be able to help.

I've left the clear indicators for now, but they are planned. A need a wheel bearing doing soon in the new year, plus some welding to the inner arch where they wedge up the wishbone.

I reckon either the front balljoints, or front bushes are showing signs and will get checked.

And as well as getting some shocks I bought fitted, I'm going to get rear suspension and radius arm/panhard rods bushes checked out.

Got the MOT in March and want it spot on when it comes round.

Same to you, have a good one.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , stickit@up- uranus.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Saabcentral.com and Saab Owners club have one arranged at Elvington near York. Details on the Saab Central forums.

Saabscene.co.uk have one organised on the Anglesey race curcuit just of the ocast of the North Wales mainland.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo