cold running

On cold days and on open roads at speeds above 50 the temperature of my 9000

2.3 lpt drops very low almost to the blue. It's fine at slower speeds in town even when the temperature is below zero. Any suggestions? I presume it's not good to drive at higher speeds with a low engine temperature?
Reply to
John Galbraith

Thermostat sticking open?

Reply to
Grunff

That what I'd think. Classic symptom. Have you replaced the thermostat in recent memory ? If it's been a long time I'd do the thermo and replace the coolant while you're in there.

Reply to
Bob