mystery wires (c900)

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you have a clue what this bundle of wires is for. It seems to originate somewhere deep in the center of the dash, come down underneath the foot heating duct, underneath the center console, and it terminates as a discconnected wiring harness underneath the accordion plastic right in front of the gearshift.

I've been content to let this mystery persist in the past, but now I'm installing an after-market stereo and I'm curious whether this wiring harness is audio-related. The wiring harness' shape seems to be the same as the harnesses on the factory stereo.

Thanks, John

1992 900s na
Reply to
John B

Sunroof wiring maybe? Does your car have an electrically operated sunroof?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

This harness and plug may be pre-wired for an amp that is situated under the passenger seat. Check there to see if there is a corresponding plug with the same colour wires.

LeonB

1989 900SE 1990 900S 1994 9000CSE
Reply to
LeonB

Fuel injection computer stuff. Not OBD II compliant. IIRC. Need the Saab special computer dammit to read data from this port. I do recall a cheaper readout thing, but it was flashing lights and the like.

dave

1992 900s na conv grinning thru the pain is overrated, slinging wrenches gets it over quicker
Reply to
dave

Wrong on all counts. It is the SRS (airbag) communications connector.

KeithG

dave wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Yes, it does. I am getting the general sense that the wires probably do not go directly to the rear speakers, wherever they may go.

Thanks for the replies.

John

Reply to
John B