9000 fuel cap

I NOTICED my 1994 9000 CSE that when the fuel gage indicates about 10 litre fuel left (and before the low fuel light comes on) that the car starts to misfire and stall as though the tank was empty. If loosen the fuel cap it runs again. My fuel cap is a vented cap (with a spring and valve in it). I believe that until 1994 the cap should be non-vented or vacuum type. Any one know which is the correct fuel cap? vented or not?

Leon B

Reply to
LeonB

It should be non vented, though my '95 could not tolerate a non-vented cap. I fitted a vented one and it worked just fine. I suggest vented.

Keith

Le> I NOTICED my 1994 9000 CSE that when the fuel gage indicates about 10 litre

Reply to
KeithG