Official name for red 91' 900

Does anybody know what the offical name is for the red paint on my

91' 900. I am aware that it may simply be "red", but I'm guessing that Saab would come up with some wonderfully crafty surname.(I'm trying to settle a bet here.) Thanks. LH
Reply to
Lionel Hutz

In 1986 it was called Cherry Red. I had an Admiral Blue 900. The white was Cirrus White. Brown was Dolomite Sand. I wish I still had that car :-(

Reply to
ma_twain

There are three base reds for the 1991 build year:

- # 213 Rhodon Red (darkest) - # 214 Cherry Red - # 219 Talladega Red (lightest)

I sourced the data from the

website if you would like a reference. You select the build year, make, then model (if applicable) and get a list of known paint codes for the build year. Just pick the one you need and you can then head off to an auto paint supplier and get some made up!

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

In the 1986 build year there was also a very dark red called Maroon (code #

168B).

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site
216 T-Red is only on the 41 SPGs if this is a US car.

KeithG

Craig's Saab C900 Site wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

in article snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Lionel Hutz at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 25/08/2005 00:03:

Could be Imola Red?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Talladega red... or was that 1992?

Cherry Red II is my vote...

I have a red 1990 900 S and a red 1992 900 S. The colour of the 92 is noticeably brighter, similar to GM's Laser Red but not so bright. I believe this is Talladega Red, so named after the racetrack in the US where Saab did a few laps around in '86 and '96 (and 2006 hopefully?). The car has a red hood off the same colour as my '90 and it is definately darker. Believe this colour to be Cherry Red II.

There is a very easy way to find out the exact colour though, open your dope compartment in the trunk, on the crossbar there is a sticker, with the paint code "body" - look that up and you'll find the correct colour. My M90 900 turbo is 204 - Edwardian Grey. I have the software to look that up but...

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr