Oil quality service data display

Hi,

I have a 2005 9-3 Linear with 12,000 km. At about 8,000 km Saab dealer changed engine oil. A few days after the service I checked the Service Data and it indicated oil quality at 40% with about 60 days remaining to service. Dealer looked at that and claims that they should have reset the computer, but couldn't.

Is resetting of the computer really required after oil change or does it provide continuous evaluation of oil?

TIA

Michael

Reply to
Michael Krzepkowski

It has to be reset. It doesn't actually monitor the oil itself but uses an algorithm to determine how the oil state might be. Read your manual.

Dan

Reply to
dan