owners manual

But Norway is not in EU. Sweden, Denmark and UK are in EU, but not in Eurozone.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

CT - set by local politicians with local agendas, not central govt.

WR - set by Private Water supply companies, again not central govt.

Back to saabs my T16 grounds out real easy, esp on sleeping policemen. My mechanic says this is common due to large muffler at front end.

Opinions? Cures?

Al

Reply to
Al

Suggest you write your local MP complaining of the vandalism of our roads with humps and pot holes. Don't write central government as they are not responsible for anything except their pension scheme.

Reply to
John Hudson

Oh dear, you've got it bad haven't you! Only trunk roads are the responsibility of central govt which is your MP, and trunk roads don't have humps, trust me they don't, I'm a highways (bridges) engineer. So if you think road humps are inappropriate take it up with your local council.

I personally have no problem with road humps on public highways, I've never come across them in an inappropriate place, and they dont affect my car, IF I drive responisbly. Its the nasty little rubber ones in private car parks, shopping centres etc. that cause my T16 problems, which I'm told by my mechanic is pretty much par for the course.

As for pension schemes, Local Govt officers are right to be concerned, I used to work for a county council. Part of the reason people accept non market competitive wages in local govt is the fringe benefits, a bit of extra holiday(extra 2-3 days), flexible working hours, family freindly policies and most importantly a good final salary pension scheme. If you want to take those things away you would need to pay market rate for the staff, which of course will result in higher taxes, council and otherwise....

Sorry John but you clearly have a problem with the current government, I'm not enamoured with them either but the alternative, IMHO, doesn't bear thinking about. Whatever you do, please vote, it is truly the only way we can make a difference, locally and nationally. (Be thankful we still have that right!)

Reply to
Al