part identifcation

Hi i was wondering what is the thing that is on the right side of the fuel rail (looking at the engine from the front of the car) on my 1992 saab 9000 cd 2.3 turbo? and what does it do?

not the FPR

thanx

Reply to
es

You don't mean the banjo bolt which direct fuel into the rail? That's the only thing on the right side of the fuel rail as I see it.

Reply to
yaofeng

no not the bolt but the thing right before it

its round on top,one side goes to the banjo bolt and the other to the fuel line.

and i am going to install a fuel pressure gauge soon i got a 2.5bar FPR so when i turn the car off should the pressure in the rale stay the same because of the check valve after the pump or should it drop pressure till i start it the next day??

Reply to
es

Still don't know what parts you are referring to. The picture in the link doesn't have anything else on the fuel rail except the banjo bolt connections and the FPR.

Regardless, I think the fuel pressure should remain the same or you'll be cranking longer in the morning to start the car.

Reply to
yaofeng

If you look at this pic you can see what i am talking about.

just scroll down to the pic of the motor in this link

i think its only on the 1991s and 92s

Reply to
es

it says pierburg - germany on the top so its made by pierburg but what does it do and what is it called

Reply to
es

You got me, I've never seen anything like it.

Best guess would be a regulator for some other Fuel. I can't tell from the picture - does it sort of look like a mini BBQ regulator?

Reply to
Dexter J

yeah it kinda does look like a mini BBQ regulator

this is really bugging me lol

Reply to
es

I think it must then be a rail that accepts propane or natural gas fuels.

However, I cannot say that I've ever seen one and would not expect a rail to be dual purposed on a 9000 series car. Perhaps it is, but I would have thought it needed a different main computer to fire the engine properly.

Perhaps not - who knows the many oriental delights that lurk within the tiny crystalline heart that is the mighty Trionic Engine Management System..

.. :) ..

Reply to
Dexter J

It would normally stay the same, but on some cars it leaks down overnight. It doesn't matter if it does, the pump will generally re-pressurize it instantly.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp