Question: What do Swedish non-conformists drive?

It needed to be asked :-)

Reply to
Misterbeets

Pre-glastnost Skodas or Trabants?

-- Andrew Stephenson

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

in article XpfFc.21811$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp-post.primus.ca, Misterbeets at snipped-for-privacy@removehotmail.com wrote on 02/07/2004 16:52:

When I visited Stockholm, it seemed to be entirely new Volvos and old SAABs. The non-conformists seemed to come out later into the night, driving around the city in old Buicks, Cadillacs and the like, not to mention a smattering on big American pick-ups with hordes of revelling Swedes in the back!

Over in Trollhättan, it was good to see that bad kids needing fast wheels still turned to SAAB. There were some awesome looking (and sounding) old

900s tearing up tarmac around Trolly. My favourite was a black, tinted'n'pimped 900mobile with '666' in place of 'SAAB' on the grille :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

About 18 years ago a friend and I embarked on a cycling holiday to Sweden and Norway.

On the plane from Heathrow to Stockholm we mused that we might see nothing but Saabs and Volvos for the next 3 weeks, then joked that maybe there would be thousands of Austin Allegros (for the un-initiated see e.g.

Well, within minutes of cycling from Arlanda airport, we saw one such Austin travelling in the other direction!. Great mirth all round.

No idea whether it was driven by a non-conformist or not. We did not get the opportunity to enquire the driver's religeous allegiance. ;-) Adrian

Reply to
SAABurger