Re: '01 9-3 TiD question

>> When I accellerate hard in the three lowest gears I can feel

>>> distinct changes in the torque delivery. Like the turbo boost gets >>> to high and it starts cutting boost and then adding adding it >>> again, after which the whole cycle repeats. >>> >>> In fourth and fifth I can't feel this anymore. Overal performance >>> is, as far as I can tell, exactly as it should be. >>> >>> Is this normal? If not, what may be causing this? >>> >> If it is the same feeling as if a "otto-engine" of the old type >> (carburator) gets to much fuel (loosing power, coming back again >> until it accelerates normal at higher rpm´s it might be the

air-mass-

> meter. I had a similar problem. My mechanic told me it quits quite >> often in the TiD. If you have still warranty you should see your >> dealer quickly since the part is not very cheap. > > Lets hope not, because that was already replaced three weeks ago. > With the broken air-mass-sensor all the power was gone. 0 to 100 km/h > could be accurately measured with a sun dial so to speak. > My problem feels more like the boost getting to high and the motor > management over reacting to get it right and not quite succeeding. > By the way: today I also felt it in fifth gear. Not as pronounced as > in the lower gears, but clearly noticable.

Yesterday I noticed something weird: when I floored the throttle at say 80 km/h I again felt the torque changes, but when I resumed the cruise control, set to 120 km/h, from the same speed I didn't.

Does anyone know how the throttle system on this particular engine works? Could it be a throttle-sensor that is not functioning properly, thus causing the engine to think I am moving the trottle even though I'm not?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Gerritsma