Re: 2000 9.3 Convertible Squeak

"Cory" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

> The squeak occurs every time we hit the slightest bump in the road. > It's especially noticeable at slow speeds.

But you're sure it's driving train stuff, and not inside the cabin? I find it hard to believe they can't find it if it's external. My guess is that they're not really finding it. My car developed a very annoying little squeal n the convertible mechanism, new and after only 2 weeks. I brought it in 2 times, and they never did jack about it desite claiming they had done something. The third time, I gave the servic emanager hell. he seemed willing, inviting me in to drive around with the convertible expert. I drove around, the guy heard the squeak, nodded knowingly, and we even identified the part that caused the squeak. Incredibly, when I picked up the car, the service report contained the line about the mechanic nt found anything wrong. I am a patient and well-mannered person, and yet I don't think the service manger or said convertible "exert" recall the day and the lecture I gave them fondly. They swore they'd do right, but I told them I was a busy person and I can't live in their dealership, and that I was confident I could fix it myself, and they should be ashamed of their incompetent ways and utter lack of customer dedication. I gave Saab a devastating service review when you get those quesionnaires after a service visit, and found it odd how they didn't send me one after I took the car in for a scheduled visit (where to their credit they seemingly spend a lot of time greasing stuff in the convertible mechanism). I made a point to call up the service manager and acknowledge the fact I noticed he went the extra mile.

Just my own service experience at B&B Saab in Santa Clara, CA. They are nice and friendly, but the results of the service department are very mediocre, all in all.

... The fact that we bought the > car used means we don't have a relationship with a dealer, which might > help.

Kind of short-sighted on their side, I would think. It's not like it's only the customer that stands to gain something from developing a good relationship. They're not earning themselves a repeat buyer, and a captive customer base should be one of the top goals of any Saab dealer.

...pablo

Reply to
pablo

It seems that the newsgroup server would not allow the document. This pertains to "shaving the spring rubber bushings" at the top. If you give me an email address I will send it to you asap.

Reply to
Spyderman