Re: FS: 1990 9000 CDI

1990 9000 CDI

now what is a 9000 CDI ? does he mean a CC with DI or is that some abbreviation just used in the UK

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Simon In the UK, the CD describes the saloon (sedan) version of the 9k, so that a CDi is a non turbo injection model. Because of the boot (trunk) the CD tends to look larger than the CS.

abbreviation just used in the UK

Reply to
chrisnew

Adrian I've never checked the dimensions in a brochure, but always assumed the 2 models would be the same length. Just goes to show how keen the eye can be! Having a CS Carlsson, I was looking at a CD Carlsson at the SOC natioal, as the later Carlssons are pretty thin on the ground. The CD model did give the impression of being a big car, and I assumed it was the flat expanse of boot that created this....... Chris

Reply to
chrisnew

How sad am I? I remembered seeing that in my Haynes manual.

Reply to
Adrian England

Ah but the Fiat was a piece of s**t.

Reply to
Adrian England

The Croma was probably one of the better and underestimated Fiats as it gained from the Type 4 project. Very rare on the street as only about

500 was sold in the UK. I had the base CHT model, the interior trimming was a bit flimsy, especially compared to the 9000. The Croma felt light and nimble, the 9000 feels like a heavier car, more stable and refined.
Reply to
Johannes H Andersen