Re: Puzzle2

Which European country is closest to the UK?

That would be Ireland, as it is not a part of the UK, but does border Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK. Or are we not considering Ireland to be European, since it is not part of the _continental_ European states? Your question leaves that open to debate.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

It is Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and the Republic of Ireland is a major player in Europe.

Al

Reply to
Al

Quite true. The question has more relevance in the UK, where people automatically consider Europe as the part across the channel. In fact geographical Europe stretches from Iceland to Ural mountains in the middle of Russia.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Contrary to popular belief, many of us are not Little Englanders and we consider ourselves as European, although it is true the majority are probably not currently pro Europe, at least politically.

Al

Reply to
Al