Relays behind the fuse box

Hi all,

Some time ago ... and I mean some time ago, I asked what the relays behind the fuse box did. I didn't get an answer because my description of the location was somewhat inadequate.

Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words so ...

See the two relays to the rear of the fusebox, inside the car behind the side indicator/repeater? What do they do?

Inquiring minds need to know :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

It looks like someone rigged up a lock relay system for the keyless entry that was added aftermarket. I have seen this arrangement to control a lock motor added to the driver side door.

KeithG

Paul Halliday wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Okay, the picture is from a pal with a later Carlsson model 900. I have the same couple of relays on my 900 T8 Special, but I do not have a keyless system. The relays look prety "standard", but I'm not at all sure what they do!

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Pull them out and see what has stopped working! :-)

Richard.

Reply to
OKOK!

in article 41b79b22$0$8897$ snipped-for-privacy@news.euronet.nl, OKOK! at snipped-for-privacy@localhost.not wrote on 09/12/2004 00:24:

Yeah, thanks :) Knowing my luck it'll turn out to be the ejector seat retaining relay, or something :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday