Saab Louvers.

Any one know how to mount the rear window louvers on the classic 900?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

Sounds like a bad taste aftermarket thingy.

Do you also like 'go faster stripes' ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Hi Jeremy - Simply put, you need a mounting kit! Depending on where you are in the world depends on their availability from scrap yards. If you are unable to source the original items, you'll need to cook up your own solution - have a hunt around a local DIY store for possible solutions. I would imagine that a bolt either drilled or glued to the glass would suffice?

Graham - Nope! Offical SAAB accessory and very rare indeed in some markets. Very desireable, too. See item 6 at

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Sounds like you're wrong. Why badmouth someone and expose your ignorance of the accessories catalog?

Yeah, whatever Graham. Jeremy, send me an email - I think I have a technical spec sheet for you for a red-box, yes? I need your real address.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

My "Aero"plane (off the 93 grille) vinyl graphic in the front windscreen has added an amazing amount of BHP to my C900. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it ... check out Stig's 99 :)

If by red-box, you mean APC then the specs can be had from and setup by anyone handy with a multimeter (and soldering iron in some cases).

Reply to
Paul Halliday

How did you get those made up, please? I want...6.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I've been trying to make a few sheets of something like that, haven't got around to it yet. I've got a vectored image ready and everything, one is in black and the other is outlined in black (on clear)

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 12/09/2005 16:15:

Well ... You sit in a colleague's car and drive around your local city doing your job until you pass a van stickered up with all sorts of graphics and logos. Your colleague tells you that his mate did that! What? You ask ... The stickers, he replies. Gosh! You reply ... I want some graphics made up, you explain :)

Back at the office, you find a hasty example of the grille from a 93, e-mail it to him explaining that the plane logo is what you're after. Wait a day and be extremely surprised when he says that his mate has already designed and made one up and he'll have it for you the day after.

It's about a foot wide and maybe three inches in height ... In white, of course, and sits behind/infront of the rear view mirror dead centre. Kind of like a sun visor design, without the sun visor :)

I'll ask my colleague about the production of some more ... Oh, and post a picture when I get around to it.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Front drivers side part of my Aero kit fell off the other day, looks like small self tapping screw solution to me...

WRT louvers, would they be legal in UK? Don't think old bill would like them, causing an obstruction to vision. Local kids would have mine off and break it up for cricket stumps, well done England!

Paul, yes in a sad boy racer type way I too would be interested in one of your stickers, maybe you should ebay them? Cost price plus postage and price of a pint? Looks like you could have a good night out on Dave....

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al

Heh...haven't seen the pix yet, though... but yeah, paypal works international.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

They are the Saab louvers that were an accessory to the Saab 900 sold in the '80s, they are OEM. I have the mounting plates but need to adhere them to the window. Any ideas (or idears as my upstate NY father would say...) on what I should use?

Jeremy

PS, Dave, the redbox works wonders for the car, even better after the I got a new turbo...

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

in article y9kVe.24021$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 12/09/2005 19:54:

They don't obscure vision, nor do they interfere with the rear wiper mechanism if it is fitted. From inside the car, you can see straight out of the back. Surprisingly, they do not cut out much light, either. I just had a look on Hagstrom's website and they are stocking new ones for 169 quid, with fitting kit. That's a bit much for a "slab of retro", but still tempting!

We were having a discussion about the rear louvres over here the other day ... There might be some hints about attaching it ...

:) I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Sweet. I see you sent me your address; I saw that paperwork the other day and should find it tonight.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
ma_twain

They are in very good shape right now, but I am swapping the standard whale tale out with the larger "deluxe" one with the color insert. I just may have to upgrade the hatch pistons.

Jeremy

ma_twa> You might need to upgrade the hatchback lifters, with the additional

Reply to
BK

The louvers in the picture are manufactured be a company called Thermoform. I believe that is the spelling. I had a set on my 85 C900. couldn't tell you any more than that. I purchased my car in Germany in 1985.

Hope that gets you going in the right direction

Reply to
Norm Boyce

in article fcpVe.36440$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, BK at snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote on 13/09/2005 01:38:

May? With a whaletail ... "you will" :) When you mount the 'tail, pay particular attention to the drain holes. It can hold quite a lot of standing water and debris *inside* the spoiler as well as on top.

Paul

Vart tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Shouldn't that be louvres? Or is than an American spelling?

Reply to
Johannes

Hmmm, I thought that too..... But I followed the crowd, baaaaaaaa!

Al

Reply to
Al

Blame Ben Franklin and Noah Webster and their dislike of the British...

L-O-U-V-E-R-S

Not

L-O-U-V-R-E-S

I mean, you think with all the wars between the English and French over the past millennia the English language wouldn't have so many French style spellings in it. I blame the Saxons...

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown