removing B-engine water pump (no tool)

Car: '78 99 Turbo, 2.0L B engine

I've got the car back together to the point of adding coolant, which came right back out the "leak port" on the water pump. So, I either screwed up utting it together, or that seal I didn't ike the look of all that much really does need replacing.

In, is easy. Out, not so much. I don't have the special tool from Saab. Is there an easy way, or do I get to spend a half-day _making_ the equivalent of said tool in my shop today?

Dave "typing blind for technical reasons, please forgive tyops" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

No, you have to either make or buy the tool :-(

Tyops are cool.

Reply to
Grunff

You know - this sounds horribly familiar. I know I was reading somewhere that there are two kinds of pump shafts for that engine and one leaks. Or wears out really fast. Could there be a metric and standard version for different applications ? ..

When we did ours I think we ended up modding a really big puller and pulled/pressed the shaft using a sacrificial bolt.

Reply to
Dexter J